Somewhere in the world right now, two people are using every ounce of their strength, passion and creativity to destroy each other in combat. This ritual can be witnessed in any city from N.Y. to Shanghai. It’s called battling, and it’s the main pillar of one of modern history’s most explosive subcultures: b-boying.
B-boying, or break dancing, is a style of street dance that was born in the 70’s on the pavement of forgotten neighborhoods. Initially viewed as a fad, 40 years of progression have proven that breaking is here to stay. Today, this urban art form has a world-wide presence and grows in scale and influence every day
- Streetfest 2013 Is Almost Here (trappedmagazine.com)
- Day 12 – Street dance flash mob (feelingthecolor.wordpress.com)
- Breakdancing festival starts (ieslopedevegabilingue.wordpress.com)
- Student goes to Parliament to get the nation dancing (mdx.ac.uk)
- Check Yourself Before You Wreck Yourself (hiphop.answers.com)